Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pā,aono, Kēkēmapa, 'Umi Kūmāhiku


It's the rainy season!  I woke up to sprinkles and sunshine.  Liquid Sunshine!  After almost three weeks of constant rain, a break in the weather finally arrives.  It is 71° degrees, and the humidly is about 80% percent with overcast skies.



The day begins with breakfast; bacon, eggs, toast, home fries and papaya!  Then a quick, but lengthy review of the days current events on the web and on television.  I say quickly because I could spend all day reading news stories on the web, and on print!

It's the Christmas season and I am checking my list of gifts for family and friends.  I ready my shopping list and head out to Hilo to get the items that I need.  The shopping centers are PACKED with shoppers!  The parking lots is choke full of cars. (choke: a slang phrase meaning; full, crowded or packed)





Heavy clouds pass over bringing heavy down pours of rain, along with brief patches of blue sky.  It brings waves of rain and intermittent moment’s sunshine.  Brilliant rainbows are everywhere, sometimes double and triple rainbows.  I wish I could have captured those in pictures, but maybe I'll catch those rainbows in pictures, someday!  I really need to carry my camera around more often so I can catch these gems of nature.



The day closes with more heavy rain, and more rainbows!  As the evening approaches and the sun begins to set behind Mauna Kea, I begin to settle for this evening's slumber.  Christmas is but a week away!  And I can hardly WAIT!  A hui Hou!



No comments: